2nd Ana Aguado Scholarship Award
Bernard Energy (BEA); the European Distribution System Operators’ Association for Smart Grids (EDSO for Smart Grids); the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E); the Union of the Electricity Industry – EURELECTRIC (EURELECTRIC) and the Florence School of Regulation (FSR) have the pleasure to announce the call for the 2nd Ana Aguado Scholarship Award.
Under this joint initiative two student scholarships are offered by the above Partners for the participation in the Summer School on Regulation of Energy Utilities course organised by the FSR from 25 to 29 June 2018.
Candidature should be sent to
- A one-page Motivation Letter, explaining the reasons of your interest and the role this course could represent for your educational and professional life
- A one-page Paper (max 2000 characters) on the question: “How do you see the future – say in the next 10 to 20 years – of the European energy utilities and why?”
- Your Curriculum Vitae
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Ongoing or completed university education at Master’s Level in Economics, Electrical engineering, European/International policy/relations/law or similar
- Proven interest in the energy sector and familiarity with energy policy issues
- Fluent in English (the FSR course will be taught in English)
- Not more than 3 years’ work or research experience in the energy sector
A Committee composed of representatives from the above Partners will assess all applications received and select two candidates by 30 March 2018*. The scholarships will be also officially announced during the next EURELECTRIC Annual Convention organised in Ljubljana on 4-5 June 2018.
About Ana Aguado
Ana Aguado was a lawyer and a professional holding major positions in the energy sector for the last twenty years. She passed away on 7 October 2016. Ana had been Secretary General at EDSO for Smart Grids from October 2014. Prior to joining EDSO she has been CEO of the Friends of the Supergrid and held positions in the European University Institute as Special Advisor to the Communications and Public Relations Unit; in ETSO, the European association of transmission system operators (predecessor of ENTSO-E) as Secretary General, in EURELECTRIC as Head of Unit for regulation and at the European Commission.
Ana was a passionate and enthusiastic person always in the front line for all major struggles in the energy sector. During her career, she was very attentive to students’ requests and needs, strongly believing in the importance of education for the future generations.
*Final acceptance to the course is subject to the approval of the Summer School director